The Cornwall Art Bench
Drawing benches, also called donkeys or art horses, are designed to hold your art board/drawing pad at an angle, while you sit astride the bench. By having your board at an angle, it provides a more comfortable way to draw – you don’t need to be standing upright at an easel, nor hunched over a desk. It also facilitates viewing a setup, reference material, or a model. Perfect for the home studio.
Donkeys can be hard to find for purchase although they are common in art studios. After some trouble locating them, we decided to make them. The Cornwall Art Bench is the result of a lot of thinking, tweaking, and perfecting – and is available for purchase.
– Rounded edges on the seat of the bench, to make sitting more comfortable
– Longer than most donkeys, to allow for taller people and more movement on the bench
– Very sturdy
– Assembles in 5 minutes, no tools necessary
– Ships anywhere in the world
– Laminated birch for easy cleaning
– Made in Canada
Note: drawing board and pad not included.